|Vest: Barneys (I splurged), similar here|
Sleeveless Sweater: Asos
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington
Booties: J.Crew (old), similar here
We are now in the new year. I'm so ready for you 2017! The first post of the new year is actually an outfit I forgot to post about in 2016. This was supposed to be a Fall outfit, hence, the sleeveless sweater. No way I can walk outside sleeveless this time of year. To make this outfit more appropriate for Winter, I would replace the sleeveless sweater with a striped sweater and over the knee boots.
I don't always make a resolution because honestly I forget to. I also don't believe that just because it is a new year that you have to be a 'new you'. I think every day and every year everyone should work on becoming a 'better you'. I think even the most perfect people always have something to improve on. When I was doing my reflection post on 2016, I realized there are things I need to work on to make myself a better person.
1. Stay organized. I'm overall an organized person, but somehow the last few months of the year, I lost that part of me. I started to forget where I placed some of my stuff and it makes me feel like I'm running around with my head cut off.
2. Plan ahead with my blog post. Not going to lie, recently, a lot of my posts have been created the night before. Sometimes that can be stressful especially if I have a lot going on with work.
3. Don't make plans. I tend to say 'yes' to a lot of things that I end up not having time for it all or time for myself or time for my husband. I end up stressing out how I will get it all done. It also didn't help with fighting my fatigue from chemo. If anything, it has gotten a little worse and my oncologist is not happy with that.
4. Give back more. I am all about giving back and doing good. My goal is to do more of that. I am blessed with my life and there are people in this world who are less fortunate than I am. I want to be able to give something back to these people and organizations.
5. Do better at purging my clothes. I have clothes and shoes in my closet that I just don't wear. For some reason, I have a hard time giving them up. I have this mentality that I will one day need it. There are people out there that can benefit from these clothes and it will do more good to donate the clothes to them.
These are the 5 resolutions I have come up with but I am sure I will think of more. I really want to make a difference in 2017. What are your resolutions?