Pajamas: Show Me Your Mumu
Thank you For The Book Recommendations!
I asked you all via Instagram Story for book recommendations so I can dive into my summer reading. Several of you responded and I am so grateful for it! It also seems that many of you want to get back to reading as well and I received requests to share these recommendation. So today’s post is all about sharing the list of book recommendations all made by you!
Before We Begin
Let me just say, it’s been awhile since I’ve read books actively. (Btw, if you just want to look at the list, skip this section. It’s just me talking about my thoughts and feelings haha). Hence, why I needed book recommendations. There are so many out there and I didn’t know where to begin!
Here and there, I’d read a book or two. But there was a time I would constantly pick up a book, finish it, and immediately pick up another. I missed those days. This summer, I realized I can potentially read more. I’m not gonna pressure myself to read if time does not allow. It doesn’t make reading fun ya know? Especially, if it is forced. So I’m just gonna hope I can read as much as I can!
The last time I read a book was maybe last year and I loved reading Crazy Rich Asians. I really enjoyed how the author Kevin Kwan added and explained Asian culture and honestly made it more relatable to me. Then of course, I had to read China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problem.
About Your Recommendations
A few of you provided authors versus specific book titles. Which is totally fine! I’m assuming since the author is listed that perhaps I can pick up any book from them? I looked them up and will be sharing what I think sounds like a great book to read from these authors. As I was going through the list, I also discovered some other books that I’m intrigued to read or re-discovered some that I’ve been meaning to read.
Without further ado, here are your recommendations!
Book Recommendations For Summer Reading
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand
- Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand
- Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
- The Dry by Jane Harper
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah — Many of you recommended this!
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- The Royal Wedding by Melanie Summers
- The Immortalist by Chloe Benjamin
- Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
- Park Avenue Summer by Renee Rosen
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
- That’s What Frenemies Are For by Sophie Littlefield and Lauren Gershell
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- One Day in December by Josie Silver
- The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory
- How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
So who’s excited to read this summer as much as I am?! Any of these grab your attention?
Nordstrom Gift Card Giveaway
Time to treat yourself to a Summer Nordstrom shopping spree!
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, July 2nd at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.